Welcome to the GeomAlgorithms.com website. The full list of Algorithm Titles is shown below, and active links indicate the algorithms that have been posted and are now accessible.
The purpose of this site is to provide practical geometric algorithms for the software developer. That is, algorithms that are:
- Relevant - they solve significant geometric problems for real world applications
- Correct - they give accurate solutions for the problems
- Robust - they tolerate small numerical errors and avoid overflow within constraints
- Efficient - they are fast in practice for typical applications, both small and large
- Conservative - they use few resources, such as storage space
- Maintainable - they are straightforward to implement and troubleshoot
- Elegant - one can understand why they work, which gives confidence in their use.
In addition to geometry algorithms, we also have a GeomHistory.com site. Check it out to discover how geometry evolved from ancient to modern times.